Do you have termites? Learn more about our effective treatment and management program delivered by experts at Rentokil.
Customers can call for a free quote on +5999 735 3011
For your Local Experts call us on +5999 724 3011
When you have an infestation of termites, the best solution is to take out the entire nest in one fell swoop. Just a couple of surviving termites can start an entire infestation all over again. There are lots of methods that claim to be as effective as fumigation, but none of them are guaranteed.
For a termite treatment to be effective it needs to be able to penetrate the wood and get down deep where the termites are hiding. The best way to do that is via termite fumigation that involves covering the structure with a tent and then using a gas that penetrates the wood, destroying the termites and wiping out the colony.
Do you have a termite infestation? If you think you do the contact us to schedule an appointment with a Rentokil termite control professional.
The termite fumigation process is a very serious activity to take very seriously on your end as a property or home owner. There are powerful chemicals used in fumigation services that will need to permeate the wood to reach the entire nest of termites and eliminate the current infestation. If done correctly, the termite fumigation will also stop the pests from returning. This preparation process helps reduce the termite fumigation health risks to family members and pets.
A successful termite fumigation requires some preparation on your part before our fumigation professionals show up. These preparations include:
1. Make sure you have somewhere to stay - since a termite fumigation takes a while and the house will be filled with dangerous chemicals, you will not be allowed to enter your home again while the tent is up and the fumigation process is underway. Make sure you have a hotel, motel or other place to stay.
2. Open interior doors between rooms - the chemicals need to get into every room and into the walls. Although the fumigation chemicals can travel underneath the doors, it will be a lot easier and more effective to open the interior doors between all rooms to make sure the entire house is treated.
3. Seal up food, secure plants - if you have any edible item or living thing that you do not want affected by the chemicals, either remove them from the property or seal them up in locked containers. Any food left out, must be discarded.
4. Rake the gravel - if you have gravel or mulch around your home, rake it back up to a foot away from the side of the house. This will help get a solid seal for the tent, around the home.
5. Help the fumigator with the keys - you will need to leave keys for the termite fumigation professionals to get inside and make sure that everything is secure and that the process is working. Rentokil's fumigation professionals will make sure that your home is locked up once we’re done.
Once the process is complete your home will be safe for you, your family, pets, plants and anyone else. You will be able to move back in and live there worry-free about termites and further termite damage.
Rentokil professionals have been doing termite fumigation for a long time. We stay up-to-date in the latest methods and chemicals to ensure an effective treatment that eliminates the threat of termites and prevents their return. We also strive to be environmentally friendly and will do everything we can to protect your home and your family.